Tuesday, April 22, 2014

GETTING BACK IN THE GAME: PRACTICE SQUAD AND BENCHWARMER ONLY!!!

So two things I have vowed to do better.  Update my blog more frequently and get back into the dating game!  I think for the most part that I have deciphered my issues and determined that I am now fit to be released back into society.  Well that’s a half truth.  The other half is that I’m tired of studying myself.  I mean geez louiiiise, one can only put up with kicking themselves in the ass, critiquing and overly thinking for so long.  At some point, there comes a time to live and put those lessons learned to use.  Like I said before, it’s hard to change one aspect of yourself and other parts of you not to follow. 

READY TO GET BACK IN THE GAME.  JUST WAITING ON THE NEXT BUS!

As for my blog….this is my domain.  My outlet.  I actually go back and read these little jewels and see how full of shit I am/was/or how much I’ve grown!  This crazy life takes time to even just get a grasp on.  Dayum trying to understand it.  A chic is just trying to live happily with whatever obstacle she’s slaying at the moment and look good doing it!  Isn’t that what every woman wants?!  Who the hell wants to look broke.  I mean seriously….lol....presentation is everything! 

I HAVE ARRIVED!  WHAT DRAGONS AM I SLAYING TODAY??
One thing that I have learned these last few weeks is that people invest finances, time, emotion…etc., in something they see potential in.  Your overall presentation makes the first impression and your mouth makes the second.  It’s all about wise investments and people aren’t about wasting anything these days!  We want everything to matter! 

That’s why we usually stay in shitty relationships or deal with dead things as long as we do.  We want to get something out of it!  We want it to matter.  We want to feel like our investment wasn’t a waste.  I think if we recognize and accept bad investments for what they are then we won’t spend so much time convincing ourselves that we made a good investment. 

SOME PEOPLE MAKE BAD INVESTMENTS LOOK GOOD!!
Tired of trying to make things fit!  Tired of trying to make people fit!  Tired of trying to make them size 6s fit shit!  Time to treat myself like an investment. 

I’ve started dibbling and dabbling a bit more in fashion and even a little make-up!  And if you know me, then you know that a sistah does not do the make-up thing!  My face be slicker than a can of oil and shinier than the camera flash itself….lol.  But I’m learning, folks I’m learning.  I’ve been trying different looks trying to see what best fits me.  I’m learning that I’m an eclectic mix of what’s right and what’s wrong….lol.   Much like my personality!  And that is all translation to say that a chic is still hitting and missing!! Lol…but I am having a ball doing it. 



As for dating…..I am easing back on into the game a little bit.  I’m strongly thinking about re-implementing my no sex in the champagne room policy though.  I’ve definitely let the cat out the house a few times.  It’s like I tried to convince myself that it doesn’t matter, but it does.  Sex is so ridiculously important and we have tried on numerous occasions to take away its’ power.  It’s impossible.  Something so precious and sacred and that feels that dayum good should not be given away freely.  I almost feel like I need to draw up a contract for my love below.  A real one!  Not no dayum verbal agreement or pinky swear neither.  Fug that!  I want it in writing because that will hold up in a court of law.

ME AND THE LOVE BELOW ARE FINALLY ONE ONE ACCORD!!!!
These next few weeks for me are all about investing in myself!  We are all our own brand and if you are single like me, we should treat ourselves as such.  Every day that we go out in the world, we are coming across people that may have the potential to be on #teamyou!  So build your portfolio with a goal in mind for the week and make it happen.  That’s my challenge to myself. 


Keep it cute and classy boos!  Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment