Tuesday, April 29, 2014

HOW TO BE SINGLE AND STILL BE MARRIAGE MATERIAL: DECODING OF THE SINGLE MENTALITY PT. 1

So…I consider myself on some level to be a feminist.  I believe in the rights and equality of women in ALL facets.  

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO EMBRACE OUR SEXUALITY AS WELL AS OUR FEMININE INDEPENDENCE
But in some cases that does not go over too well.  “The Sex” being one of them.  One of the primary reasons being, what we have in between our legs should hold so much value and should not be given away freely or on a whim.  And don’t get me wrong, that is not a bad standard to uphold.  Because it actually is true!  What we have is priceless but I question, should women have that same expectation for a man?  Should his dinkle hold some type of value and not be treated as a plastic sword that a child pulls in and out of his toy box?  Shouldn’t it be treated like the Excalibur of swords and none but the worthy can pull it from the stone???

SEE....SHE'S NOT WORTHY OF THE SWORD!!!
That is the “double standard” of men can do what us women cannot do!  Now as a woman, it kind of sucks to live up to this, because as women grow/mature we realize that we have the same wants/desires, and sexual appetite as men.  Actually it may be more powerful in a sense because it takes a bit more for us to get the BIG BAMBINO!!!  But we are taught to tame the feline and save all sexual ignorance for marriage.  Which of course is how it SHOULD be.  But what good is discretion if you can't SHOW OUT a lil bit??

BUT WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD TWERK SESSION!!!!
In most cases, this is not how it is!  According to the Huffington Post, “The U.S. Marriage Rate is 31 marriages per 1,000 women in the U.S….So that means that…31 of those previously single women tied the knot in the last year.   For comparison, in 1920, the national marriage rate was 92.3”


Of course this is the point where blame is tossed between men and women!  Men say that women are too independent and try to act like the man these days and women say that men aren’t man enough these days and don’t handle their responsibilities.  In truth both men and women are to blame for the decline of marriage.  I mean let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.

Or you can blame the way society is now.  The way that people have become so superficial and untraditional.  Or we compare our relationship to other couples (an age old tactic), and refuse to find and/or create our OWN traditions and what works for the individual marriage.  Not willing to fight for anything, but want to be handed everything.  The microwave society if you will.  We desire a perfect marriage from two imperfect people and when perfection is not met, we gracefully bow out after a six month courtship.

SO CHILDISH
There are so many causes to the decline, I want to focus on a solution.  MY SOLUTION.  I have officially been single for about three years and I have really grown a lot and learned a lot about myself in the last year.  What was I doing for the first two years you ask?  Living in a warped mentality when I sit back and look at it.  I was bitter beyond belief, but I convinced myself that I wasn’t.  I used my vicious tongue and my gift of gab to destroy every man that exuded a bit of power!  That in turn created more baggage on top of the baggage that I already had.  See this is what happens when you think you are sane and unaffected.  It’s been my experience, once you acknowledge that you are on the brink of insanity, it is then that you can turn around and truly see the mess you have created.  And that is where you begin to fix yourself!!

That’s honestly how this blog even started!  I knew I was a bag of crazy balls and I wanted to really hone into what I was putting out there.  I also wanted to know if I was totally full of shit or if I was on to something.  After careful study of myself I have locked down a few things that separate the single from the taken.



Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment