Wednesday, January 1, 2014

OUT with the OLD......IN with the NEW.......I'm a Single Black Female Breaking ALL my momma's rules!!!!


As 2013 begins to make it's graceful exit and 2014 is less than 12 hours our present, I sit back and reflect on what an awesome year that I've had.  Not awesome because everything was great.  I had some tragic things take place in my life.  But in the same breath I had some groundbreaking things happen that I never thought happen to me!

**In this final entry, instead of using random visuals to explain my stories....I decided to close out the year and bring in the new year with my visuals....as the visuals**  

The most important thing I learned in my 2013 journey was to forgive myself.  Forgive myself for not being perfect, 
I woke up like this....in real life #flawless #beyonceplayswaytoomuch


for being lazy, 
Those glasses were a front.  I was watching Monday Night Football

for preferring to have a glass of wine than be productive, 

for wanting to social network all day if that's what suited my fancy, 
#gymflow #beastin #bymyself #nofilter #inmylane #cantstopwontstop #Ionlydidonesitup #Ialmostdroppedmyphoneonmyface #Imgettingrollsonmyneck #hashtagkillah #socialnetworkcrackhead

for playing when I should be working, 
Black people call it 'dimes'...Other people call it Tripoley...lol
for making a mistake, 
This seemed very appropriate here.  Can't totally throw myself under the bus...lol
...and for wearing the same pants to work 3 days in a row because somewhere along the line between give a dayum and 0 fuxs.....I stopped caring.


Me at work trying to remember what I wore yesterday and the day before that..


Going into 2014, I have no resolutions.  I'm just going to continue to strive to be my total self.  As crazy, messed up, and loving as I am....I'm striving to be all of me and bask in every bit of greatness that God has created me to bask in. 

Going into 2014, I'm transitioning this awesome blog from The Celibacy Rules, to SBF (Single Black Female) in the City.  Not because I've broken the code and divulged in dinkle or because I plan on divulging in dinkle...


I see you lookin.....

lol...but because there is more to this story than whether or not I'm having sex, whether or not he called me back, or whether or not I feel like I'm worth it. 

My truth that I learned through this blog is that not all men are created equal, sometimes I'm just not his type, sometimes he's just not mine, having a weapon and not using it is just as powerful, and most importantly being 'worth it 'has to be more than something that you say. 


So like the year, it's time to change!  Life is changing people and you adjust and change with it.  Don't stand still holding on the past.  Embrace the change and see what new ideas open up for you.  Embrace the change and see what new things lie ahead.


My life in the Dominican......

Try something different, travel somewhere you've never been, try something you've always done a different way!!

As I type this I say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!  Now let's get to work!!!!!  


Back to business......

Until next time folks!

2 comments:

  1. Nice read I plan to blog soon and I wear my favorite jeans three times a week not giving a damn! Lol! Best wishes to you and your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They fit the best after 2 days lol...thank you for reading and for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete