Thursday, July 30, 2015

SEX AND SINGLE IN THE CITY: NO ONE LIKES SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day and I told her that OUR problem is that we try and put God in a box.  We limit ourselves, thereby limiting Him.  We were talking about work, relationships, well hell...just life.  It's definitely what you make it.

I've been going through some crazy transitions.  Transitions that are very necessary.  Learning about yourself is so archaic.  Knowing what your limitations are in key details of your everyday, your life.....its constantly renewing.  I had to take a step back and learn to re-learn, re-appreciate, re-enjoy, re-love.  If we don't stay growing, our natural human instinct is to adapt and remain comfortable.

DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE THIS AGE TO  DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Its comforting having a plan.  Its motivating seeing that plan turn into action. But the "oh what to do when your waiting" scenari-woes.  And I'm not just talking relationships.  I'm talking about whatever is pushing you in a corner and forcing you to find another way out.  Forcing you to weather the storm, find an alternate solution, and overcome your fears.  That's change.  Anyhoo...I'm not here to preach or go through some Iyanla moment.  There is way more to a single woman than waiting on a SINGLE man!  We busy too cuh!!

DIRTY JOB....BUT SOMEBODY GOTTA DO IT!
I know it seems according to our social networking vents that single women are sitting around waiting on the right man to drop out the sky or that he's even one of our top five on our 10-year plan.  That's not totally the case.  Lets not confuse it.  No one wants to be in this world alone for sure.  I don't care who the individual fighting for individuality is and what they are holding out for.  Everyone wants someone around to share intimate moments with.  Same with love and life.  We all want prosperity.

I've learned or am learning the power of thought.  Where you are in life doesn't have to be the vision you see.  In fact, that's the thing we work towards.  The unseen.  I don't picture relationships being any different I suppose.  And when you are ready to be in something serious, your actions will model that.  I guess that's where I'm going with it.....in all aspects.  But you have to always wonder, if its something that hasn't been practiced...can it be implemented successfully?

When we were younger we learned to practice.  We learned to get better.  This was the confidence builder that pushed us to new levels.  From those small beginnings we learned the benefits of hard work and sacrifice.  Why for whatever reason we don't allow this life learning concept to pour over into other parts of our lives still baffles me.  More because I'm still in denial about my own self application.

But sitting here tonight it feels good to think again.  Wonder again.  Ask myself questions and allow myself to explore those answers through words.  I recently took a big leap of faith.  It was definitely a life altering moment.  But one that needed to be done and one I was in the position to do.  Even at the bottom you have to respect where you are.  When you open your eyes to that, you may realize you are in the best possible position.

OR NOT....

So as a single woman, there is more to my life than getting better so that I can add value to someone else's.  I'm busy adding value to myself so that I can provide myself with THE BEST options and not the I HAD NO OTHER CHOICE option.

My life definitely isn't flowing the way I pictured in my mind, but that's not to say that it isn't going according to God's plan.  Sometimes changing our focus in one area, can can change the outcome in all of the other ones.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA FEEL YOUR OWN SELF...


Until next time.....BE INSPIRED!






No comments:

Post a Comment