Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DECODING THE SINGLE MENTALITY:......THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION OF THE THROWBACK!!!

Greetings and Salutations!!!!  I hope that everyone is feeling blessed and highly favored in this crazy, mixed up world! Even if your circumstances are saying one thing, make sure that your mouth is saying another!  Don't want to give negativity any power.  Okay moving forward......so last week I touched on CHANGE and how us single folks needed to re-evaluate our own struggles silently while we publicly judged others.  That's not what I really said, but that's what we REALLY do.  Anyhoo, it's time to put the new you to the challenge.  Now before embarking on this new journey, tread lightly!  But embrace and most importantly HAVE FUN!

BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing wrong with having high walls.  Nothing wrong with guarding your emotion and most importantly your heart.  But guess what....in order to receive love, affection, companionship...shit happiness period, you have to give it as well.  As I touched on last week, you can't expect for someone to be all of these things FOR you and you be absolutely nothing to them.  But that's already been discussed.  Now let's discuss the next phase. Let's discuss after you've cleaned out your closet a little bit and organized some stuff and can see and breathe a little more clearly.  You've picked up some of your newly discovered baggage and disposed of it and you are feeling a little lighter.  It's time to revisit your past.  I know that you've heard that old negro spiritual that if you don't know your past, then you are doomed to repeat it!  Well that isn't just for the abolishment of slavery, that is key when starting any new chapter in your life.

REFLECTION IS NECESSARY TO CELEBRATE YOUR FUTURE
Now by no means am I suggesting going back to that demon spawn with the good ding ding, or bank account, or hair that you had to pray yourself away from.  NO!  You stay far, far away from that spirit! Don't use my perfectly harmless blog as a reason to give that crack rock a call.  I am however saying, revisit the guys that you really didn't give a fair chance to; for whatever reason.  You were possibly going through that phase in your woman where you had a list of characteristics and that poor soul had a piece of lint in his hair and didn't meet the criteria.  Or his bank account or weight wasn't quite to your standards.  Or let's be real, he wasn't what you were used to, but all in all he was a pretty nice guy.  Give that guy a rind ding doodle.

I've even went as far as to take notes.  I wanted to know what initially turned me off, and now that I'm in my new place, do I still feel the same way?  Is it something that can be overlooked or is the Rick Ross syndrome just too dayum real?

OF COURSE THINGS COULD CHANGE IF HE SMELLS AS GOOD AS I THINK HE DOES
There have even been some situationships that I've revisited that I felt like I was too mentally unstable and utilized sex as my control and attempt at blocking emotion.  LOL...I know...that was just my clinical, sophisticated way of saying that I smashed a dude that wasn't my man because the ding ding was nice! However you want to word it, it happened and I went back to that guy to see if there was something really there or if it was just the sexual attraction.  Well after assessing the situationship more "thoroughly", I realized that the ding ding wasn't as phenom as I initially thought and although we had a connection, it wasn't THE connection.

Now what I also took note of were the similarities.  How were these guys alike and did the red flag have anything to do with these similarities? What were things that I could/could not do without? What were things that I could/could not work with?  I know it seems like a lot to do, but I don't think that us women assess these potentials enough.  A lot of times we stumble into the next thing instead of boldly walking into things with a clear mind of what we have before us.  I want to alleviate all of the hazards that I can at the moment. I don't want to go into my future still ignoring warning signs or walking away from something great because he wasn't familiar.

NERDS!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say I am still on the single train, but I can honestly say that things that were deal breakers for me....well they are DEAL BREAKERS more than ever now, and things that I once thought were important.....ARE STILL DAYUM IMPORTANT!!!

You have to treat people you invite in your life to an interview process.  Your circle is too crucial to your mental, spiritual, and emotional growth for you to invite just anyone into your life.  And sometimes it's necessary to revisit overlooked job applications to see if you currently have a position available for them. May not be a manager position but maybe they are good at answering phones.

Enjoy your new season!!!!  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment